Events, requests, and other mutual aid news
We hope you can make it to one of our upcoming events, and we'll send more details and invitations to forward next week. This week will be a little summary of news
- First, we have a request for housing for the 25-year-old son of one of our members, and his 14-year-old stepsister who is now under his care since a death in the family. Do you have a room to rent, or a safe place for two young people to stay to get on their feet in Madison? Preferably on the west side, so the younger one can easily go to Memorial. They can pay rent, or you can give them time to get on their feet. Check the wants here for details, Madison MAN posted on their behalf. Or email email@example.com
- Second, we have a technical issue with our website that it's not accepting new accounts - so if you know people who want to join we'll go the old-fashioned route for now. Have them email firstname.lastname@example.org. And hopefully the bug will be fixed next week.
- Third, we're hosting lots of events:
- Tue Feb 21, 7pm Tough Talk #1: how to deal with it when a neighbor is doing something you don't like. On zoom, facilitated by Jennifer Warnick, hosted by Randy Coloni.
- Sat. Feb. 25, 10-12 Fireside Chat at Lakeview Library. Enjoy some casual time and brunchy treats by the fire.
- Sat. March 18 - Party! with 608 Arts and other friends, at Social Justice Center. Time TBA
- March 18-19 HUMANs Solidarity Summit. Theme: Deep and Wide. Our March 28 in-person party will be a good place for us to invite more local friends into global work with the HUMANs. We'll invite people to gather at SJC for the Sunday Summit activities and will host the zoom from there. Stay tuned for timing details...
- and add and reply to offers and wants! The way we get our exchange going is to exchange :)
Excited to reconnect and celebrate the coming of Spring together!
Stephanie (President, Madison MAN Coop)