We’d love to see you at our local outdoor, physically distanced meal during the HUMANs' (our global umbrella cooperative network) Autumn Solidarity Summit. - Saturday September 25 outside the Social Justice Center (1202 Williamson) 2pm Shared Meal + 3:30pm Wellness Fair
The meal, along with online sharing with other Summit participants from around the world, will take place 2-3pm CDT. The Wellness Fair will begin at 3:30pm, and will include a wide variety of activities including art-making, active learning on various wellness-related topics, and opportunities to connect with wellness practitioners in the future..
If you’d like to get more involved, we'd love to have your help planning and carrying it out too! We offer HUMAN hours (1 hour credit per hour worked) for any time you spend helping, and are willing to consider other forms of reciprocity too.
Are you a wellness practitioner of any sort? Would you like to cook, do outreach,provide ingredients or transportation, set up, clean up, help with planning or facilitation? If so please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And now here's more info on the Summit itself:
Autumn Solidarity Summit
September 25 + 26 2021
Click here for your detailed Summit invitation. Page 2 is for people who might want to organize a local gathering - please be sure to check it out! And share your thoughts with us.
We’ll celebrate harvest season with a theme of food access, indigenous food sovereignty, and abundant life through mutual aid. With a simultaneous global shared meal Saturday 9/25 2pm CDT - lunch in the Americas, dinner in UK and Europe, Sunday morning breakfast in Australasia - please join in!
- Sat Sept 25 1-2 CDT: Summit Overview, meet and mingle, get help setting up
- Sat Sept 25 2-3 CDT: Live Multi-location meal sharing. Let’s share each other’s abundance, dreams, and gratitude. Online and connecting local gatherings
- Sun Sept 26 1-3 CDT: “Gather” film screening + discussion. Watch with your own connection (more reliable but register ahead) or join us on zoom.
- 3-4 CDT: Summit Harvest + Virtual marketplace
- 4-? Optional dance party and/or meet and mingle
Please email email@example.com to let us know if you'd like to host your own local gathering. And/or join our Solidarity Summit weekly planning sessions on Fridays at 2 on zoom.